Sunday, June 22, 2008

June 22, 2008 Jesse Passed Away Today


Jesse passed away on Sunday morning, June 22, 2008 at 6:08 am. He was 6 months, 9 days old. He had a wonderful week before his passing. We were able to hold him every day, and what a joy he was. On Saturday night, both Amy and I held him for several hours each. He slept peacefully in our arms. When we tucked him and said goodnight, he looked wonderful. All night, there were no problems. At 5:30 in the morning, they noticed a small problem with his lungs. They took xrays, but weren't that worried. We got a call at 5:45 mentioning that they might have to tap his lungs, but they would wait and see. In the next several minutes, he went downhill quickly, and slipped away very quickly without any trauma.

We decided to take the time to hold Jesse, and we took him outside to see the sunshine for the first time. It was also the first time that we were able to see his face, lie down with him, and hold him. He is truly a beautiful baby, a miracle baby, and we have been blessed each day to have him with us.

We love him so much, and miss him dearly. I don't know if the hurt will ever go away, but we do know that he is in the arms of a loving heavenly father and family members now. His patience, longsuffering, endurance, and courage is a tribute to his willingness to accept his calling in this mortal life. He truly was a big man in a little baby. We can't wait to be with him again.
This is the last picture taken alive on Saturday afternoon. We spent the whole day with him, and he was peaceful and doing well. No one anticipated his passing. His mission was fulfilled, and on Sunday, our Heavenly Father came to take him by the hand, welcome him home, and say, "Well done, my faithful little boy!" No words can explain the thanks we have for our Heavenly Father and the blessings and miracles we have witnessed. Jesse has touched many, many people, and strengthened the faith of many. We miss him. We love him. And we know we can live with him again.





7 comments:

Emily said...

Rich and Amy-

We feel priveledged to have known Jesse. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, as they have always been. We love you! Love, the Ushers

Unknown said...

Rich and Amy,
We feel so blessed to have been a part of Jesse's earthly family. He is such a strong little spirit to have touched so many lives in his short life. Jesse couldn't have chosen two more loving and wonderful parents than you. All of our prayers are with you. We love you! Love, the Checketts family.

Melanie Javid said...

Rich and Amy~

I feel so blessed to have had the opportunity to see Jesse each day! He has blessed my life in so many ways and strengthened my testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ. My thoughts and prayers are with you. I love you!

Love,
Melanie

Anonymous said...

Rich and Amy, My heart aches for each of you. Life can be very hard, and at times very, very hard. Now, is such a time. I loved reading your thoughts and testimony as you cope with this difficult yet strengthening trial in life. When I was reading I Nephi 8:8, I read of "multitude of tender mercies of the Lord.". To me that was Jesse's life. In so short life, many life's were touched and many tender mercies were seen. Thank-you for sharing his life with us.

All my love and prayers to you.

Love, Vickie

Abbie Nelson said...

Rich and Amy,
Our thoughts, hearts, prayers, and tears, are with you at this time of sorrow.
We love you and feel so blessed for the miracle that Jesse's life was. Our faith has grown, and our lives were enriched by every story, and every hurdle.
I was always struck by his strong spirit.
As I was listening to My Turn On Earth in the car today I wept when they said "Don't come back without the treasure." Jesse went home with his treasure...the priviledge of loving, and being loved by, two amazing parents.

Anonymous said...

Rich and Amy,

I feel honered to have been one of Jesse's primary care nurses. My thoughts and prayers are with you and have been since the day Jesse was born. I enjoyed looking at your blog, please keep in contact with all of us we really shared a special time with you.

Love,
Erika Jones

Shelly said...

Rich and Amy,
I truly feel blessed to have known and cared for Baby Jesse. He has touched my life in ways that are so sacred to me. I have witnessed your faith and it has strengthed my testimony of prayer and daily miracles. I love you both and Jesse very much. I will never forget the experiences I have had with your family.