Thursday, January 24, 2008

6 weeks old

Baby Jesse had a hard day on Tuesday, but did well on Wednesday. I can't believe that he is already 6 weeks old. He moves his hands, which looks like he is waving and saying "hello". His coloring and skin is looking much better. He is continuing to grow (but he also continues to lose the excess fluid, as his whole body is swollen). They are estimating his actual body weight to be around 600 grams= ~ 1 pound 5 ounces (he was born at 350 grams= ~12.5 ounces). Wow, he has grown when you think of it that way! He has great nurses who care about him and continue to have hope. I know it is hard to explain everything as things change daily, but I know Richard and Amy are trying to keep the family updated. I know that Richard and Amy appreciate all the family support and prayers. I love the chance I have to go see him on a daily basis and get a update about his day. Thank you for all your love and prayers for sweet baby Jesse.

~Melanie (his loving cousin)

No comments: